Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thankfulness Journal #7

Ok, I feel the need to give some commentary on my entry for day 259. Many of you out there are horrified at the mere suggestion of the S-E-X word. I'm sorry if you feel embarrassed reading what I was thankful for that day. I thought about censoring my entry for your benefit. But why should I be ashamed? It's a God-given gift. So, I let the record stand. That's all I have to say about that. Days 241-260 cover August 28th through September 16th.

Day 241- Sarah Walker's testimony (A lady that I didn't know personally, but I read some of her blog during her fight with cancer. She died today. What remarkable faith she had.)
Day 242- Because so many people heeded evacuation warnings in New Orleans, there have been no deaths from Hurricane Isaac. (Not that day, but there were a few deaths from the storm when it was all over)
Day 243- Reagan's science teacher, Mr. Modglin. Even after a long day of school, he was still energetic and enthusiastic when he spoke to us about teaching at open house.
Day 244- Our last day of commuting
Day 245- Our new pool!!
Day 246- Sitting on my screened-in porch with coffee, watching the rain
Day 247- Friends that will clean my windows and refrigerator, scrub the mildew off of our pool chairs, clean the ceiling fans, and unpack the kitchen.
Day 248- A 10-minute drive to MNC rehearsal
Day 249- A garage! We got into our car during a rainstorm to go to church tonight and never got wet.
Day 250- Got all of mine and Tim's clothes into our closets without buying any extra storage
Day 251- First full week in our new house
Day 252- A friend I can accept criticism from and who isn't afraid to give it to me when I really need it.
Day 253- My first Praise Team solo and the fact that my stage fright is mostly gone
Day 254- My first book club meeting!
Day 255- Pull-Ups. I had 3-year-old Cooper in the car (who'd just begun potty training), and we were waiting in the school pick-up line when he announced that he needed to poop. I couldn't get him to a bathroom in time.
Day 256- Back in Vespers!
Day 257- Nearly 38 years of perfect teeth
Day 258- Another year of life (My birthday)
Day 259- Orgasms
Day 260- Birthday cake and flowers from my quartet

No comments:

Post a Comment