Monday, December 31, 2012

Thankfulness Journal #11 and Goodbye, 2012!

I did it! I came up a reason to be thankful everyday this year! Since it was a leap year, that's 366 different blessings. I'm kind of proud of myself. What a year! Lots of good (baptism, new home, new pet, healing for my sister, friends adding to their families, family vacations) and some not-so-good (drama and inner-turmoil leading to counseling and self-evaluation, unexpected car and home expenses, death, national tragedy). As always, I feel like there are things I could've done better and changes I'd like to make. Last year, I put my list of goals out there for the world to see. I didn't realize in doing so that I would be putting myself under a microscope. So, I will not make that mistake again. Instead, I'll keep my goals to myself. Maybe if I actually succeed in accomplishing one or two, I can share with you my achievements. For those of you writing up your own resolutions, I wish you much luck in reaching your goals. May you all have a very happy and blessed 2013!

Day 343- Laura Troup, and the work she does filling in while Otter Creek is between worship ministers.
Day 344- Straight No Chaser tickets for half-off
Day 345- The "friend and family discount" at the vet
Day 346- Another fun "12 Days of Anniversary"
Day 347- 19 years of marriage to an incredible husband!
Day 348- After-school tutoring
Day 349- Taking the kids to their first concert: Toby Mac!
Day 350- Dinner party and preview of Gatlinburg trip 2013
Day 351- The bravery and quick thinking of faculty at Sandy Springs Elementary that helped keep kids safe. It was a horrible tragedy to lose 20 kids and 6 teachers and staff, but it could've been SO much worse.
352- My kids cleaning my kitchen
353- Cat videos
354- A beautiful Lessons and Carols service in Vespers
355- Turning off the alarm clock for 2 weeks
356- A TV show Reagan and I can watch together (Once Upon A Time)
357- Our first Christmas tree in 4 years
358- Elaborate Christmas lights displays
359- Children excited about Christmas morning
360- The ultimate Christmas gift: a Savior is born to die for me
361- Happy children, full bellies and warm beds
362- I survived "the talk" with Reagan
363- The generosity of the Edgeworths, helping a family in need
364- Our Christmas ornament collection
365- Sunshine, after several days of cold, dreary weather!!
366- 66 years of marriage for Tim's grandparents!

No comments:

Post a Comment