Wednesday, February 17, 2010

How's That Workin' For Ya?

By now you are probably wondering how this schedule I put together is working out. Have you ever heard the quote, "If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans"? Well, He must think I'm a real stand-up comedienne. My kids have had only one five-day school week in 2010. I've seen more snow this winter than I think I have in my entire life. There have been too many sweets in the house with my daughter's birthday, Valentine's Day, and those evil Girl Scout cookies; you can probably imagine how well that "getting in shape" thing is going. I've had my mom and sister here for a week. Don't get me wrong; I LOVE my family!! It just stresses me a little to change the family routine to accommodate extra people in the house. Maybe most of you can roll with the punches and improvise when your day doesn't turn out how you planned. I desperately wish I were like you. I do NOT adapt well to change. This is probably not news to you, since I've already written about how difficult changing churches has been on me. This not knowing from day-to-day whether my kids will be home or in school has thrown me for a loop. Please excuse me for being crass, but in the words of the great Dolly Parton (Steel Magnolias), I'm so confused I don't know whether to scratch my watch or wind my butt! Instead of pressing on when my schedule is changed, I tend to just consider that day a lost cause and try again another day. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any make-up days.

Sheesh; does this post sound as scatter-brained to you as it does to me? I hope very soon I can attain some sense of normalcy and sanity in my life. If any of you out there have that ability to adapt to life's little curve-balls, could you please give me some pointers? Help a sista out!

No comments:

Post a Comment