Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Get Movin'

I guess you're wondering what could put me in such a funk for over a year. It actually is a break-up. Not of a marriage but a community. I plan to elaborate more in future posts, but today I'd like to share with you my plan of action. My friends and family will tell you that I am a planner. I like schedules and lists. For example, when my first-born was an infant and not sleeping at night, I was introduced to a book that taught me how to put him on a strict sleep, eat and play schedule. It worked within days, I might add. When we went to Disney World a couple of years ago, I had a typed itinerary for every day of the trip. I have "to do" lists scattered all around the house. I don't know why, but seeing things on paper is motivating for me. I find the act of checking something off of my list highly satisfying. So, knowing this quality about me, I set about scheduling my days in order to be more proactive about life.

Exercise- Not that I was ever in fabulous shape, but a couple of years ago I was training for a half-marathon. Don't be too impressed; I was only walking it. I managed to lose 10 pounds and felt pretty good about myself. Last summer, I became alarmed at the pot-belly I had developed. I began to wonder if I was pregnant like those crazy ladies on TLC that claim they had no idea they were with child until the day they went to the bathroom and...Surprise! Out popped a baby! I even thought that maybe my doctor would tell me I had fibroids. Alas, it was just fat. The common weight gain of a woman in her mid-30's. So, I am taking up walking again. Until the weather warms up, I am walking on my treadmill every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I'm trying to walk three miles each day.

Mondays- This will become my grocery and cleaning days. I've never been Miss Susie Homemaker, but I've been extremely lax in my housework lately.

Tuesday- I haven't quite decided what to do on this day. I hope it will become my blogging day. I'll get back to you on this one.

Wednesday- This is to be my project day. We are a family of "starters", but we lack the follow-through to finish things. I have a list (imagine that!) of projects that need to be completed, and Wednesday will be my day to knock a few out.

Thursday- I have planned a day of rest; my Sabbath, if you will. At least for the six hours I am alone, I plan to read or nap with the ringer turned off of the phone. I'll try very hard to stay away from the computer during that time as well, but I'm not making any promises.

Friday- Scrapbooking Day! I know most of you see this as a hobby, but I consider myself to be the family historian. I am several precious years behind on this endeavor. It is my hope to get caught up this year.

So, there you have it. It's not life-changing, but this schedule is a start to getting my life back on track. Along the way, I hope to reconnect with God and my family, but I'll have to discuss those efforts in another post.

1 comment:

  1. Tuesday is Ladies Class! What a great way to stay connected...we miss you!

    ReplyDelete