Tuesday, March 27, 2018

True Story


Ladies, find a guy like this:
My kids are on Spring Break this week, which doesn’t mean a whole lot for me, since the garden center is just starting to get busy. But today is my day off (after a 6-day work week, I might add); kids would be sleeping in, and hopefully, so would I. I asked Tim for ONE THING for Spring Break: Please don’t schedule an early morning meeting for Tuesday. Once he’s up, I’m awake, and once he leaves, the dog goes crazy. Well, guess what he wasn’t able to avoid? Tim needed to be out of the house by 6:15 this morning. This dear, sweet man of mine slept on the couch last night and got ready this morning in the hallway bathroom so that he didn’t disturb me. Though the dog was frantic at the back door, my earplugs and Unisom helped me sleep through it until she gave up and went back to bed with Pierce (the pets can come and go through the pet door in our garage.). 

When I got up this morning, this was the story I wanted to tell, because I love Tim and want the world to know what a genuinely wonderful human being he is. I planned to end it there. BUT. We’ve had some discussions lately about how deceptive social media is. It’s hard to see all these fabulous travel pictures, praises about everyone’s super successful kids, testimonies about everything wonderful in your lives, when we’re struggling every day to put one foot in front of the other. My bad days still outweigh my good at the moment. 

I say all this to say, don’t read this story about Tim, or look at my Instagram pics of Things That Made Me Happy Today or my sweet kids, and think that's the complete story of our family. There’s a whole lot of other thoughts I’m keeping to myself right now. Things that are too raw and personal to talk about, really. Maybe you aren’t in the best place either. Maybe social media is bumming you out, too, and making you feel like everyone but you has this whole life-thing totally figured out. I want you to know I GET YOU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment